Monday, July 23, 2007

Lost my Focus

I had a rough week. After the tornado on Monday, we got our electricity back late Tuesday night. Then Wednesday our phone stopped working. There are still lots of trees on lines, so I guess the one lying on our line finally won that battle. I called the phone company and they told me basically that they now want the customers to do their job. I had to go out and buy a phone that isn't electric, take it outside with a screwdriver, open the access box and plug it in out there to see if the problem is inside the house or with the line. HELLO, a tornado came through - do you think that's just coincidence that our phone hasn't been working since?!?! Their reply - they aren't showing any other outages in my area (a total lie, read on.) Finally got the corded phone on Friday (four kids, no nanny, useless husband, long story.) Of course, the phone line doesn't work outside either. I call back, and they say they are SLAMMED in our area and can't come out until Wednesday! Um, yeah, didn't you say you didn't report any other outages in my area? "Oh, I don't know who told you that..." Rrrrrrrr...
So, I have Verizon DSL, which means no phone, no internet. Tried writing down my points for a couple of days, misjudged a little here & there. Well, then Friday I get a call from a family friend saying she wants to babysit for us so we can go out. No internet to look up the restaurant, but I had most of my FP's left so thought I'd be okay. Halfway through dinner I just stopped thinking about it. Then we went to a movie. Skittles and some of hubby's whoppers. Smart, huh? "Tomorrow's a new day."
Saturday, oh I can't even remember Saturday... Oh yeah, I think I did fine and then ate 2 pieces of dh's pizza and a BIG bowl of ice cream at like 11:30 p.m. Sunday was okay, just a little overboard at Bob Evans. I did get Salmon, but of course got barbeque sauce to dip it in... had half a roll... bite of kids' grilled cheese... bite of chicken finger... etc. Didn't even put my points in on Sunday.
The bad news, brace yourself... 2lb gain! I literally feel sick (and tears brimming) thinking about it. It's so hard to lose and so freakin' easy to put back on. Right now I just want to go curl up in bed and stay there all day. It's gray and depressing out. I have a lady here helping me, but I don't think she's ready to take on the house AND the four kids while I go sleep. I know instead I should go to the gym and work off my frustration, but again, don't want to leave her alone. I wonder if it's cool enough for a walk... of course it will probably start raining on me. Oh, and starting my period any day... fabulous, could it get any better than this??
YAWWWWWN...
Any encouraging words would be greatly appreciated today.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Hang in there kiddo *said affectionately*. Gains are all part of it too! And it's probably because you're getting your period and are retaining water. You'll lose it in no time!

Wish we could play vball tonight and/or go shopping. Want to get to Kristen's present tomorrow before the shower?

Tina said...

This morning was TOUGH.. but I am so excited about tomorrow, hanging out w/ you guys all day! Have to figure out what time we're leaving b/c the girls were like "530!!!!!" when I said that's what time we were leaving. Maybe we can head about between 7-9, getting there in time for lunch. Whaddya think?

Tina said...

I have something for you. :)