Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Back on the Wagon

It's been over a week since I've blogged. Feels more like a month. During that week, I went to the beach - twice, once for a birthday party for my niece (just a little beach on the bay here) and once to Ocean City, MD (about 3 hours away) for a whole day trip with a bunch of skinny bee-yotches (yes, that's the way it's spelled in my mind.) That didn't help much with my self esteem... Two days later, I had a birthday party for my 4 year old and went over the top (as in, Pony Rides, petting zoo, pool time, made a home-made cowboy boot cake...) It was lots of fun. One question - am I supposed to be topping each birthday party, because that's just scary. What am I going to do when they all turn 18?? Ha ha, no, I don't think I need to top them, I think one of these times I'm going to do something low-key. My thing is I want to make it fun for his friends who we don't get to see as often. Anyway, it went great. I fell completely off the wagon for at least a week. I went days before realizing I hadn't logged any WW points. I am just going to pretend that week didn't happen. I know I did some damage, but it's time to get back on track.
I've started pretty well this week. I really want to focus on improving my volleyball game. So far this week, I played volleyball for 3 hours Monday night, 2 hours Tuesday night, and went to the gym this morning for 30 minutes on the elliptical and a few laps around the track. I was told by a friend that it only counts if I RUN and I must do it OUTSIDE. I told him, going to the gym and ellipticalling for 30 minutes is better than sitting around all day... (and in my opinion better than running in 90+ degree weather) and I definitely proved that one. I am SORE tonight! I'd like to get back into Pilates because I love (and hate, of course) this soreness, but I think if I do that I'll just do it at home to my dvd's. I don't do well in those classes were there's an 85 year old lady next to me doing it with ease while I'm sweating and grunting and falling over in half the poses. Not encouraging.
So, wish me luck on my volleyball training. My goal is to not be the worst player in the room in this crazy-competitive rec center league I just went to. Boy is that one of the worst feelings, being that person. I don't think I'll give up just yet, though. I just might improve with a couple more weeks there (and a couple less pounds here.)

1 comment:

Tina said...

I'm feeling better.. a little sad every now and then... I miss Olha. Wish you were coming along with me and the girls and yes we are still going. Just not staying overnight Friday. I figured what's the point in sleeping there, wake up, check out put all their stuff back in the car and THEN go galavanting... So we're gonna leave in the weeeeeee hours Saturday morning. I'm working on the plan now of everything we'll do.. The Russians pissed me off (not my girls, the other ones). What I'm doing now is planning a big birthday bash somewhere before everyone leaves but NOONE is gonna have details so it can't be spoiled. I want you to help me plan because I want YOUR birthday in that mix too.. We'll be the only ones that know the secret plans. As to the "list".. you know better than that. We've been missin' each other lately.. It's hard for me to call sometimes because we can't really talk when the kids are up and that's the time when I'm on my way home and have time to vent. I understand believe me I do.. sometimes I just don't wanna compete w/ the kiddos for your ear and it's easier to talk to friends at work because that's who I see and who is seeing me. That day I didn't hear from you until 730 or 8 and I think I was already in bed... Sigh, I think we need a date night SOON..