Thursday, August 2, 2007

I Turned the Other Way

Well, yay for me!! A little victory today. I picked up the nanny at 8:30 a.m. and was headed to the gym. I hadn't eaten breakfast yet because I had run out of my favorite breakfast - Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bars. I didn't want that to be an excuse to give up early on the exercising, so I was going to go to Dunkin Donuts for a jelly donut (4.5 pts.) I was at the light to turn toward D&D. It turned green, and at the last second, instead of turning left, I turned right... toward the gym - and the grocery store. Instead of the donut, I went and bought more fiber one bars and a banana. Sure, one F1 bar & 1 banana may equal almost the same points as a jelly donut, but I think the previous will be a little better for me, don't you? I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and walked around the track about 10 times. I'm still sore, but it feels pretty good!
The track in my gym is around the whole top of the gym so you can look down at what's going on in the rest of the gym. Well, yesterday I noticed they were having volleyball camp down there. So, today I kept walking around trying to hear and see what they were doing. I think I picked up a few free pointers!! Funny thing, the guys teaching the v-ball camp are two of the SAME guys I played volleyball with on Tuesday night. Small world! I reeeeally wish there was some sort of adult volleyball camp! I don't know why it has to just be for teens! I was thinking of going and trying to pass of as a teenager. I have been told I look young. Ha ha, might not be such a good idea considering that guy who got caught posing as a 13 year old a while back... oh well. Maybe I'll sign up as a "helper" at a volleyball camp, and then I can learn whatever the main people are teaching, ha ha! Sounds like a plan, I'm off to investigate...

3 comments:

Tina said...

That's great, Mel! Way to go! Btw, post in your subject line NSV for non scale victory. I'd go play but after working all day I'm too exhausted mentally to worry about "if I'm good enough". I'm soo tired and STILL haven't started my period. I'm thinking I'm late and I'm NEVER late. DON'T even think it!!!!!! :)

Tina said...

I'll be there if you'll have me. :) Don't know which girls will be home but at the very least I'll come.. Probably around 8ish, okay?

Tina said...

OH NO! I was feeling like that too last night. Good thing there wasn't anything around or I WOULD have eaten it. :) This day is already stressful. I just wanna go home and crawl in bed.