Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Insomnia

I'm having a serious love/hate relationship with SLEEP. All I want to do is sleep, but once I lay my little head down on that pillow, my deepest desire evades me. The hours tick by, and eventually I end up in the bathroom (again), tears rolling down my cheeks thinking "If I fall asleep now, all I'll get is... (4, 3, 2, 1 hours) and then it's up again with 4 little boys who just want to fight over toys all day long. Now, I love my dear sweet boys, but with each missing hour of sleep, the love is harder to hear in my voice. All I want to do is curl up in a ball with my fingers in my ears.
Ah, what a nice, pick-me-up little blog we have here today. Today wasn't so bad anyway. First of all, the combination of 4 Advil PM's and a Roserem actually worked last night. Second, it was the Fourth of July. Third, we had company. We had another family over with kids, so mine were enteretained all day long. All I had to do was cook, cook, cook. And that involved throwing a huge rack of ribs and a bunch of filets on the grill and make a big salad (don't be deceived, anyone doing weightwatchers - this salad is about 7 points a serving!)
So now it's almost midnight, and I'm trying to decide if I should just sit here and watch some more pointless television, or if I should go risk the hours of fighting to get myself to sleep. The upside - my dear, sweet angel of a nanny will (hopefully!!) be here in the morning to help with the kids.
Well, maybe if I start the fight with sleep now, I'll win a little earlier tonight... Wish me luck, imaginary reader.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Have you tried drinking?