Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Desperate Housewife

I'm having a "desperate housewife" day. Let me give you a little insight into it. My "mommy's helper" is sick today. She's also leaving in 2 days for 3 weeks. My husband is sleeping until noon at least because he was up late playing online poker, then watching HBO movies. Currently, one twin is running around the house with a tissue box being chased by the other twin who wants the tissue box. They are both screaming. The older brother is following them. Also screaming. He thinks he is the moderator. I finally intervened. I gave each of them a soda box (you know, the fridge box for soda cans.) Now they're all happy. Is there a shortage of toys in this house, you ask? I can't take a step without tripping over a car, ball, or puzzle piece.

It has quieted down a bit (the puzzle pieces distracted them for a while) so I have a few seconds to think. I don't think I should have a second to think. I should not be left alone with my thoughts on a day like this. I should get up and get the kids outside to the pool. Maybe I'll set an appointment at the gym nursery so I can work out tomorrow. They're a bit snotty lately, though, so the nursery probably won't accept them. Don't think it's worth it. Well, if the nanny shows up tomorrow, I could go by myself. I really need to get on a workout program. My volleyball game is really suffering from me being so out of shape. I can barely make my serves over the net. My energy runs out halfway through my swing. I also need some good energy meal ideas. Yesterday I had a Fiber One bar for breakfast. I had to run around all afternoon on errands, so I didn't eat until about 3. I was cutting up a cantaloupe I got at the fruit stand and ate about 1/4 of it. I had to leave for volleyball at 5:30, so I just had time to get the dinner in the oven and corn-on-cob boiling on the stove before I had to leave. The corn was done right before I walked out the door, so I took 2 pieces with me and ate them on the drive down. I know, you should have seen me on the phone, eating corn-on-the-cob and driving at the same time. I should be on a Nationwide commercial! Nationwide is on your side (not mine!!) :) No wonder my serves were flopping! I ate dinner when I got home at like 10:30. Chicken & Rice bake with broccoli. That probably would have helped me before volleyball!

So far today I've had half of my large iced coffee from Dunkin's and half of a donut. Staying within the points, but missing the rest of the healthy eating habits so far. Maybe I'll dig into that canteloupe again. Still not much on the energy front, though.

Oh, and as far as the insomnia goes... I went to bed at 11:15. At 12:15 I took 2 Advil PM and a Roserem and fell asleep shortly after. I vaguely remember being awake a few times during the night, but pretty much slept until 8:07 when my nanny called and told me she wasn't coming. I got advice from a friend last night. He told me I should not take ANY medication for 6 months then I'll be able to sleep. I think I earned at least one activity point laughing at that. Yeah, I guess if I didn't sleep for 6 months straight, I might be able to get one night of unmedicated sleep. I think if I eat right, exercise, and take vitamins it might help. And, if I get my husband on board with the whole thing (like NOT playing poker all night and going to bed at a reasonable time!) it would really help.

Well, I think I'm going to start the process on getting the kids ready for the pool. It will take me half an hour to get them out there. Bathing suits, swimmy diapers, towels, sunblock... Plus, it's like 100 degrees at least out there. This should be fun.

No comments: