Thursday, February 14, 2008

So I'm Sitting There Buck Naked...

I was very close to becoming the butt of an internet mass-forward joke tonight.
My dear, sweet husband planned a nice, romantic dinner of take-out straight from the Outback bags. See, with four little beasties running around, it's hard to go out when we both worked a full day with a babysitter at home. So, while I put the crazy midgets to bed, he went to pick up the food (45 minute wait.)
I got the kids in bed with time to spare, and an idea hit me. Everything looks better by candlelight! So, I got out a nice tablecloth and a bunch of candles and set up a nice little atmosphere. You know what's good about candle light? It makes the world a little smaller and hides the mess...
It took longer than expected for the food, of course. While I was waiting, the thought popped into my mind, "All I got him was a silly card." I thought, "You know what would be funny? If I was sitting here completely naked when he got home. That would be a fun present (especially with the whole darkness hiding things)!"
Notice the shock on his face as he walked in the door...
Unfortunately, I ate entirely too much chocolate and candy today, and was feeling that the darkness wouldn't hide ENOUGH, plus, I suddenly thought the table would look prettier with more candles and some dishes... so at the last minute I changed my mind. If you look closely at this picture (to the right of my husband between his shoulder & the door frame- yeah, I know it's horribly grainy, but remember, it was dark in here!), you'll know exactly WHY I'm glad I did... It's a face. He happened to meet up with one of his best friends in the parking lot of the restaurant. He came home with him to borrow a movie. Boy am I glad I went ahead and went with the card!
Even without the naked surprise, I think he was pretty happy.

8 comments:

Tina said...

I WAS in bed but I couldn't sleep because believe it or not I was nagged with the possibility that you updated your blog and I hadn't read the post yet.

Aww, that IS really nice. I almost wrote "gag" but thought better of it. I'm just jealous. I'm glad you thought better of the naked sitting and waiting. That would have been awkward! :))

Um, and I can't help but think. Are you doing the naughty??

Family Adventure said...

Oh that is just hilarious!!!

Heidi

Candace MacPherson said...

Too, too funny. I did something similar one Valentines day. Hubby loved it. The thought of having someone else see that - not good. Glad you listened to women's intuition.

Heidi Reed said...

I had no idea you are so incredibly hilarious. I am still laughing at this post. Can you imagine? That's what has me. Oh the horror of someone other than my husband and children seeing me nekkid. I hope you had a wonderful V-Day. You sure deserve it!

Heidi from BBC

Laura B. said...

Melissious - I just realized you have 4, FOUR, boys...you're a saint, really. I wouldn't even know how to do it AND work. Woman, you're my hero!!

Catherine said...

Who would have been the more embarrassed, you? your husband? or his friend? the 3 of you, I guess.
Just as in a dream when it becomes a nightmare.
catheine

Tausha said...

Glad its you and not me. That is why i think that valentines is a stupid holday! But, i guess when you have more than one child-a holiday is nice-right. Thanks for the comment-i am super excited to meet a new mom to exchange horror stories with. Keep your clothes on!
Tausha

Melissa said...

Yep - that would have been a tad on the awkward side... glad you changed your mind!