Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Quirky confessions - *Evil laugh*


Hello world. This is Tina, Mel's bff in the whole widest world. I am here to post in lieu of her as she cannot manage to think of any her quirks. This is quite funny because I at the drop of a hat can think of many. Get ready to be entertained and thank you Mel for allowing me the pleasure of being a guest blogger. I feel most honored. Thanks Laura for tagging Mel.

1. Sauces - every food must be swimming in some kind of sauce. A common phrase when ordering food is "can I get a side of buffalo/general tso/soy/honey mustard sauce?" Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. We took a trip to Taco Bell a month or so ago. She asked for LOTS and LOTS of sauce. The woman must have given us about 100 packets. We used about 20. The rest sit in her desk drawer "just in case". The beauty is that her kids have become sauce cravers too. "Wanna dip it!!"

2. Eating - basically, it's like this. What it takes me 10 minutes to inhale, it takes her about an hour. Slow as molasses eater. Which I guess is a good thing.

3. Stinky pillow - there is this pillow that she MUST sleep with every night. I call it the "stinky pillow". I don't think it's stinky, it's just old and ratty and is barely clinging to life with the multiple safety pins holding it together. And yes, when already running late to the airport, she has made the driver turn around so she could get her beloved and cuddle him close to her face.

4. The fan - in addition to the 'stinky pillow' we have Mr. Fan. Mr. Fan blows all thru the night on high speed, so as to drown out any noises and to lull her into precious slumber. I would have to say, this is one of my quirks too. I cannot sleep without the 'wirr'.

5. DRAMAmine - it's her miracle drug. Mel gets quite car, airplane, sea.. 'anything that would move her' sick. But when she's driving, she's fine. And usually when I'm driving, she's okay too. Except when I'm backing up. I've yet to figure this one out.

6. Do you smell that? - a very common question when hanging with Melissa. Her best work would probably be on the Swat K-9 team because I swear, she has the sniffer of a bloodhound.

She's not TOO quirky but she's got 'em peeps. But it makes me love her all the more! Hooray for quirky confessions!.

Thanks, Amanda

5 comments:

Tina said...

I sooo know you.

melissious said...

LIES, all LIIIIEEEESSS!!!


(not really) *blush*

Heidi Reed said...

ROFL!! I also cannot sleep without the 'wirr' of my fan. Each of my kids have fans too.

That was hysterical funny! Good job Tina!

Heidi

Swizzlepop said...

(blogger friend of Tina's here)
OMG I loved it. I can totally relate to #2, I'm a slow eater too, always the last one. I say #6 a lot too LOL.

Laura B. said...

Awesome, Tina!!! I have to say, I'm a dipper of everything. I will get ranch to dip my fries in. Extra wing sauce for the wings and fries. Extra this, more of that, lots of this and ooohhhh tons of that it's so good. I also have to have a fan going, hubby doesn't understand. We run the vent fan in our bathroom all night and I've been known to turn on a radio for static just to have some whitenoise.