Thursday, January 10, 2008

NSV, NSV, NSV!!

I'd first off like to say that I am not one to use chliche's, including "internet lingo" cliche's, or acronyms, if you will. You know what I mean. It took me a couple of years to start using LOL. Actually, I still hesitate for a quarter of a second (and that's a long time for me, I type pretty darned fast!) before I use it now, and only under dire circumstances - like when I'm actually ROFL. I do NOT use that one, because it doesn't even make SENSE!! R - Rolling, okay, we're doing okay, I get it. O - on, F - floor. WAIT JUST A MINUTE!! ON got it's own letter, but THE, which is a whole letter longer than ON is completely overlooked??? AND it gets worse!! L - ummm... what does the L here stand for? Are we all of a sudden using the second letter of the word now?? Then shouldn't it be ROONFL, or more precisely ROONTHFL???? Okay, I think you get my point. Okay, I've JUST realized that I'm a complete and utter idiot. The L stands for Laughing, doesn't it? Well, I'm glad you were all here to see that. They still left out the THE, though, so I still win.
I DIGRESS (hee hee - I always giggle when I say "I digress" and in my head I'm saying it with a deep, professor-like voice - yes, there's a voice in my head narrating this... now we're getting somewhere!) Back to the NSV. My day didn't start off very well. I woke up about 15 minutes late to get my oldest darling to the carpool. I left my cell phone (a.k.a. calendar, notes, phone numbers, BRAIN) sitting on the kitchen counter. It was either be even LATER, or try to rush to the park & ride a little less late. Well, on the rural road leading to the main road I got stuck behind a school bus. Can you tell me why the school bus has to stop at EVERY house on a street? Can they not walk to their neighbor's house to catch the bus? What ever happened to bus stops - you know where all the kids from the neighborhood walk, or are driven, to ONE spot??? I finally made it to the park & ride, only a few minutes late. At this point it really wasn't an option to drive all the way home to get my cell phone before work. Okay, I can handle one day without a cell phone, right? WRONG! I had a baby shower to go to straight from work... which was in my schedule - in my CELL PHONE, on the kitchen counter at home. As was the number for the girl whose house it was at... and her address. Anyway, all that to say - I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for breakfast. I figured if I distracted you with a long boring story, you'd be so bored by the time you got there your jaw wouldn't drop to the floor aghast (another word I felt a sudden intense desire to use.) Well, prepare to be more appalled. I succumbed to a craving for vegetable mei fun (Chinese rice noodles) for lunch. I had 10 points left for my day; and I know you don't have my cell phone with you, so I'd better remind you that I had a Baby Shower (i.e. cookies, brownies, dips, CAKE.) "Does she not know what NSV stands for?" you're asking yourself.
Short and sweet, I didn't eat cookies, I didn't eat brownies, I ate a teaspoon of dip, and I didn't eat cake. I ate SALAD, and lots of it. I ate celery and carrots. Instead I just gabbed and gabbed with my friends. What fun! I sat in the living room, away from the food, even when everyone else but me and a 10 year old girl were still in the living room. I just talked to her! What a cutie.
So there you have it. NSV #1 for me this go-round. Thank you, thank you (the voice in my head, which now seems to have a body - is taking a bow.)
P.S. for the day - I know that cliche's doesn't have an apostrophe in it, the apostrophe is trying to be the accent over the e that I can't get to work.

2 comments:

Tina said...

NSV! OMG! WTF! LOL! ROFL! POS! GG! TTYL!

All Things BD said...

Okay, I'll be a huge dork and tell you I don't know what NSV stands for. That should show you how out of touch with internet lingo I am.