Friday, January 25, 2008

DIE, Teletubbies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And where the HELL is my coffee???)

There are a few children's "educational" programs that I cannot stand. I mean, I really, really detest them. Among them would be the one where all of the fuzzy characters speak in a "zoo-loo" language (or something of the sort), the one with the black guy dressed in a strange plastic outfit where (more) fuzzy things come out of his briefcase and dance around to nonsense music. I would have to rank the Teletubbies right at the top of this list. First of all, can we really classify these shows as "educational", when they barely speak one word of English? And when they do speak English, it's on the level of an 18-month old?? Who thinks up these things?



All of that to say... the remote is all the way across the room (go, go gadget arms!!) and my coffee is nowhere to be found (it was right next to me a second ago, how did I lose it??) My three youngest, ages 3, 3 & almost 2 are sitting here entranced by this nonsense show. I can literally see their language skills regressing! Great, and here's a promo for a NEW freaky show "Panwaba", sound like they all speak "Waba". Now, if only my coffee were still sitting next to me. I could take a sip and maybe that would fuel my lazy ass exhausted body to get up out of this oh-so-comfy chair so I could finally change the freakin' channel already!



I never in a million years thought I'd hear myself say this, but thank GOD, Barney's on!!

6 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Oh, I hear ya. I sadly ended up loving Blue's Clues after surveying the competition!

Heidi

Tina said...

Die ALL kid shows. :))

Suburban Correspondent said...

The stuff on TV - it's all crap. Believe me. You're right - you can see their brains evaporating as you watch. It's not what's on the TV - it's what they're not doing while they are watching it. Not moving, not playing, not interacting....

I'm a rabid anti-TV nut - can you tell?

Melissa said...

Teletubbies are still on?? Really? One of my LEAST favorites is that Caillou(sp??)... he whines and cries and does bad things and his parents let him get away with it half the time. Yep. That's what I want my kids to learn... but i must admit, I have been known to sit down and watch Arthur. By myself. With no kids around.

Melanie said...

And here I am thanking God that my 2 big kids have moved beyond "those" shows, and Ellie gets bored with tv after 2 seconds! :)

Catherine said...

Have you noted how children are captivated by this show? Would it be subliminal images?It didn't exist for my 2 olders, but my 4 years old has passed time watching Teletubbies! Thanks God, he and we SURVIVE. He watches Disney movies from this point (and for many years). Thanks for all the family.
catherine