Monday, January 14, 2008

My Weekly Respite

This is what I came home to after volleyball last night... so sweet!!
Gotta love getting home and they're all in jammies, have had their stories and are ready for bed. Looks like it went smoothly, doesn't it?? Don't be fooled, alot can happen under the not-so-watchful eye of Grandma... To name a few: a couple of pairs of underwear had to be thrown away ("Collin was dancing around, so I asked him if he had to go... but by the time I got him in there, he had already..." and you can guess the end.)





And this is the other thing that happened...

Collin tripped on nothing, I mean, the tile in the kitchen and his tooth went completely through his lip. Ouch. My mother told me this story as calmly as if she was telling me he finished all his dinner. My baby!! Notice he's as happy as ever with the gash in his lip. Little stinker. I just hope it doesn't scar. Ahh, the hair raising joys of raising boys!!**







After my grueling workout in the morning, I rocked at volleyball. I thought I'd be too tired to play well, but *gasp* I actually had more energy... I even jumped higher... I actually got a couple of fingers on the ball while blocking a huge hitting 6' something guy on the opposite team - woot, woot!! :) Maybe next time I'll actually stop him, ha ha. He's big, and he hits hard.

Oh, did I mention I lost 4 pounds this week?? Yeah, slight sidenote!! Which means I have fewer points... which means I need to work out more. :)











**the title of a book I read a while ago.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Boys are so fun! :) But guess what... my girl gets more scrapes and bruises than my two boys put together!
You had more energy after working out? How is that possible?? ;)

HappyBlogChick said...

4 lbs! Go you!!!!

Suburban Correspondent said...

Well, you don't look as though you need to lose weight! I can't believe how organized you are (then again, you have to be, or you'd die), able to go out for volleyball, etc. I was such an idiot when my oldest ones were little - I didn't do anything for myself because things were just crazy at home.

Family Adventure said...

Hi Melissious...thanks for stopping by my blog! I, too, cannot believe you need to lose any weight...you look amazing!

And your kids are adorable. That picture of you mom and the boys is so sweet. But the tooth going through the lip. Yikes. Hope it heals OK.

Take care - Heidi