Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Biggest Loser

I know, totally original title, but after a long day, sitting here watching the show - that's all I've got. It was between that and "Here we go again", which was pretty much just as original.
Hello, diet. I'm back on the wagon!! Yay! And this time I've got a convert with me. My husband Glenn is doing Weight Watchers with me. Seriously, I feel like that commercial - you know, the one where the lady says "I stopped drinking soda and lost 2 lbs. My husband stopped drinking soda, and lost 20 lbs. My husband stopped eating carbs and lost 25 lbs, I haven't touched a piece of bread in a year and lost 5 lbs..." (or something to that affect.) I should be happy. If I wasn't doing this with him, I'd be happy. I LOST 2 LBS!!! BUT... he lost SIX FREAKING POUNDS!!! I'm happy for him, though. It, of course, helps when he's not wolfing down whole cartons of Ben & Jerry's while I'm eating a salad, though. The thing that kicked him into gear was seeing my brother in law's weight-loss progress. We saw him over Christmas and he looks pretty good. He's lost about 15-20 lbs, and wasn't that big to begin with. Glenn asked him how he did it and he said "Two pounds a week. It's not much, but it's doable, and it adds up." (Can we say "Weight Watchers 101, anyone?"
I'm doing really well, I think. I'm feeling motivated. I'm making right decisions. I was hoping for a little more than 2 pounds, but 2 lbs is 2 POUNDS. Pretty awesome. I'm on my way. I've gained since the last time I started WW, so I have quite a distance just to get back to my start weight, let alone my goal weight which seems like a distant dream right now. I'm excited, though. I'm not feeling like giving up at all. My mini-goal right now is to just to exercise more. I play volleyball 2 nights a week, but I've always done that. I need EXTRA exercise. The problem is just finding time in my schedule to do it (she says from her lounge chair in front of the t.v. with a computer on her lap.) Ha ha. No, really, I had a volleyball game tonight. The thought did cross my mind fleetingly that I could drop by the gym after, but I chose saying goodnight to my kids instead.
So, this first post after being a ghost for so long is really keeping in line with the title of my blog. Talk about a ramble! I just felt that since my bestest friend bumped me to the top of her blog roll, I shouldn't let her down and keep quiet.
As a P.S. could I please say that I could NOT be on The Biggest Loser??? I thought before I watched the show that it would be a cinch (hello, yeah, I think I'd lose weight if I worked out ALL day every day with personal trainers and stuck to a fixed calorie diet with all of America watching what I ate!!), then I realized they can't call their families!!! AND, AAAAND!!! They have to weigh in in freakin' sports bras and spandex! Good LORD! Yeah, I'll stick with my comfy chair in front of the tv, thanks.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I was thinking that SAME thing yesterday when watching T.B.L. about how I could NEVER wear a sports bra and spandex shorts. OMG!! But YAY, you're on the wagon again... I've needed a ww pal and even though I give you crap about ordering from Seasons, I'm glad that we're doing this together!