Saturday, January 12, 2008

An Evening at the Mall

The husband and I decided that it would be fun to get out of the house for the evening - with all four boys. Two of whom are potty-training. This mall we went to is not the one that's five minutes from our house. It's not the mall that's 15 minutes from our house either. It's the one that's about 35-40 minutes from our house. Well, the first forage out in underwear actually went surprisingly well. The boys hadn't really had much to drink during the day, so I had promised them their cups in the car. Slight misjudgment, they sucked the entire cups down in 5 minutes. So, we park and have to run the toddlers to the restroom. We made it (pretty much - a drop or 2 on the undies doesn't count as far as I'm concerned.) The second trip to the potty, only about 20 minutes later, was even more productive. One of them actually went #2! We did have one incident on the way out, at the very end of the evening, which involved Daddy throwing away a brand new pair of Cars underwear, but the trip was an overall success. Mental note: don't send Daddy running off with the boys when there's a potty emergency. Have HIM stay with the stroller and take them yourself.
On the WW front, it was a success as well. The three older boys had pizza, the baby had Chick-fil-A (mmmmmm, pretty tempting!) and Mommy & Daddy had Subway. I'm surprised that I didn't stumble, since my bread was "so dry you had to eat it in the rain" as my husband would say, and they loaded on some interesting things. That's what I get for sending the husband to get my food. We all know I'm too particular to send anyone else to do my ordering by now! Luckily, I was so distracted with getting these hoodlums to SIT DOWN!! TAKE A BITE!!, etc. that I didn't have a chance to stray.
Tonight will be a little more challenging. It's a formula for disaster. Babysitter + Football Party. I did offer to bring a salad, so hopefully I can fill up on that and not be too tempted by the rest of the "football food". The funny thing is, I haven't touched my flex points. I just don't like using them for some reason. Especially all at one time, since my points start over on Monday. I don't want to eat a bunch of crap and then weigh-in, ya know? Maybe I'll use some of them if there's anything sort-of healthy.
Wow, this was a pretty boring post. Just didn't want to go a day without posting just yet.

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Hey, you should have gotten the ChickFilA salad - 4 points! The ice cream cone is 4 points, too. I like to save all my flex points for the weekend. It doesn't seem to affect the weigh-in much.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm still trying to figure out your child-production schedule, but it's way more efficient than mine was.

And how did you go work out, anyway? Did you leave the kids in the car, or what?