Monday, March 3, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

My day in a nutshell:

Leaving for Europe in TWO days.
Haven't packed.
Laundry up the wazoo.
Kids running wild and free, in different stages of undress.
Coming down with a cold.
Hubby sick and miserable.
Just spent $114 on various cold medicines from CVS for the trip - just in case.
Worried about leaving my kids with a babysitter for so long (Even I am ready to pull my hair out after a few days alone with them!!!)
Did I mention Hubby is miserable??

So. I shouldn't be on the computer. I should be packing!! And doing laundry!! And nursing husband back to health. And clothing my children... HEEEELLLLLP!!! (Does anyone else see the word "HELL" in there??)

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Have you ever used Zicam?? I know you just spent a ton of money on cold stuff, but the Zicam nasal stuff is soooo awesome. It really does shorten the cold and if you catch it soon enough it will stop it dead in it's tracks. I hope you have a great time in Europe...I will not be jealous... I will not be jealous...

Tina said...

You forgetted to mention that your BFF is coming to help you pack tonight, thus relieving much mania from your monday.

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
melissious said...

My bff is coming to help me pack tonight!! Yay! I posted this before she called me and said "Am I coming to help you pack tonight?" Woo-hoo! :) I did just finish packing my "toiletries" (aka: DRUGS) bag. :)

Heidi Reed said...

Melissa: Have so much fun and try, try, try not to worry about the kids. They will have fun too! They will! We'll chat when you return and I'll be praying for your safety.

Heidi

Tausha said...

its just extra stressful before a trip. maybe its because you not only to have to pack for yourself, but also your husband and your kids. So, it really is extra stressful to go on a trip! I am extremely jealous of the trip to Europe! I don't know what you did to deserve it, but you must tell me. So, since we probably wont talk to you before you go, have such a great time! Don't worry, your kids will be great, they are always better for other people than they are for us moms.

Mom of 5 said...

Good grief. I thought my life was hectic. I hope you have a great time in Europe. I can't believe how big the boys are all getting!!!!!

Miss July...not...yet said...

Hi, just stopped in and totally recognized myself in some of your statements!

Sahm...that is one job that I wish I could do! Your boys are adorable.